Small businesses often feel that they can undertake Health and Safety themselves as their perception could be how much is going be the cost of a consultant?
However the cost of getting it wrong does affect small businesses in especially when an accident occurs, civil claim or HSE enforcement action, especially now that the HSE can charge £ 167 per hour for advice, and can stop businesses in their tracks by issuing either improvement or prohibition notices as they see fit.
I have observed that some business owners are often to preoccupied to know their organisation could be breaching Health and Safety law until its to late!
We can help, for a cost that would be reasonable, on the following:
- Formulate a simple Health and Safety policy that your employees can understand
- Undertake risk assessments and advise on corrective actions to minimise or reduce risks
- Inform your organisation of any legal changes that could affect your business
- Communicate with regulatory bodies – HSE, local councils, local fire service
- Provide bespoke Health and Safety training that is relevant to your business
- Introduce and implement a compliant Health and Safety Management System
- Undertake Site inspections and Audits to ensure that your organisation remains compliant
We can provide different levels of Health and Safety services to suit all budgets !
From yearly retainer contracts that would provide peace of mind of having one of our consultants at the other end of the phone/e-mail from £ 300 per annum, to fully compliant Health and Safety Systems.